This Queensland election, you have the opportunity to make a change for kids around the state.
Queensland parents, early childhood educators and service providers have developed a five-point plan to ensure every Queensland child reaches their full potential.
- A long-term commitment to at least maintain current total levels of funding for Universal Access to kindergarten programs in the year before school
- Extended kindergarten funding for play-based programs supporting three-year-olds
- Better support for disadvantaged children, especially those living in regional and remote areas and from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Improved quality of early education and care through workforce development initiatives
- A whole of government Early Years Strategy to ensure no children fall through the gaps.
Use the link provided above to email candidates running in your electorate asking them to make these five key commitments.